General Phone Use Instructions:
Care Wireless Voicemail
- Press and hold envelope key until "connecting...(Your phone number)" displays on the screen
- Create a 4-10 digit personal pass code and press #
- Record your name (10 seconds)
- Record your personal greeting (30 seconds) or select a standard greeting
- You can turn One-Touch access on or off. When turned on, you don't have to enter your pass code to check your voicemail from your cell phone
Care Wireless Text Messaging
SMS (or Text messaging) is available as an option with all plans on capable handsets. SMS messages are limited to 160 characters per message. Though different based on your handset, generally you must access a "messaging" menu on your phone to send or read messages. Find the "write" or "compose" option, provide the recepient's telephone number, input your message, and then send.
Care Wireless 3-Way Calling is included in all prepaid plans and is charged as regular airtime per call. To add a third party into a conversation, simply dial the third party's number and press Send/Talk again to connect both parties with you.
Care Wireless Call Waiting
Care Wireless Call Waiting is included in all prepaid plans. To use call-waiting, simply press the Send/Talk button when you hear a short beep while on the phone with another party. This will place your original call on hold and answer your second call. To return to your original call just press Send/Talk. When using call waiting, you will be charged regular airtime for each call.
How to Check Balance or Add Airtime
To check balance or add airtime 24 hours a day, simply dial #ADD (#233) from your wireless phone (airtime charges apply). From a land line phone you may dial 1-866-2-REFILL (1-866-273-3455) and simply follow the voice prompts.